9.04.2014

A big journey....

Have you ever met someone who changed your life completely? Someone, who no matter what simply amazes you every day? Someone that you would gladly take a bullet for? I have, twice. My oldest (Chloe) whom I call Big, stole my heart in November of 2007. The moment I held her, felt her heart beat against mine and smelled her sweet baby smell, I knew the love was the strongest I have ever felt. A mother's love is nothing to be taken lightly, ever seen a mother lion on the animal channel stand up to the biggest of the predators? Yeah, that about sums up us mothers. My first love not only changed my life, it changed my heart. It caused it to become whole, filling it with such passionate love that sometimes its still too overwhelming to believe. 
Now I don't know about you all, but my kiddo is simply the cat's meow! She's kind, genuine, funny, outgoing, shy, loving, optimistic, silly, brave, strong and so on. She truly inspires me every day with just her smile. She's your typical 6.5 year old little girl, just now starting to find herself. See, she entered 1st grade this year and is on that border between little kid and young girl. She is such a happy little thing too. Big is into dance and girl scouts, which she is rather good at. Her sense of style regarding fashion is pretty fantastic. She is simply crazy about mixing and matching patterns with textures. Not afraid to wear a plaid skirt with a stripe blouse along with boots in summer. 
Watching her love on her baby sister though, is probably when I am most proud of her. She is so gentle and pure with her, the way she baby talks makes me chuckle. She truly doesn't mind when she is losing her mind she'll just give her a binky and politely shhh her. I can tell their bond is going to be extremely strong.
I always knew she would make a fantastic big sister, she's so loving and smart when it comes to babies and their needs. When her time came I couldn't be happier for her and the joy she expresses daily over her little sis. I only hope their bond stays so strong when Big reaches the teen years. Hehe. So for now I am going to soak up them being together, and yes that means matching outfits galore. :) 
 
All in all, I am smitten with my first born daughter. 
Her spirit is contagious, so innocent and thriving.
From the moment I held her in my arms, I knew 
this love would grow into a magical thing.
I cannot wait to watch her grow into a young lady
and learn from experiences and enjoy her life!
Come with us, will you?








No comments:

Post a Comment